International Conferences and workshops
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
1. Sitharam, T. G., Anbazhagan, P. and Ganesha Raj, K., (2006); Use of remote sensing and seismotectonic parameters for seismic hazard analysis of Bangalore, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 6, 927 939.
2. Sitharam, T. G. and Anbazhagan, P., (2007); Seismic Hazard Analysis for Bangalore Region, Journal of Natural Hazards, (2007) 40: 261 278.
3. Sitharam, T. G., Anbazhagan. P and Mahesh. G. U. (2007), 3-D Subsurface Modelling and Preliminary Liquefaction Hazard Mapping of Bangalore City Using SPT Data and GIS, Indian Geotechnical Journal, 37(3): 210-226
4. Sitharam, T. G., Pijush Samui, and Anbazhagan, P, (2008) Spatial Variability of Rock Depth in Bangalore Using Geostatistical, Neural Network and Support Vector Machine Models, Journal of Geotechnical and Geological Engineering 26:503 517.
5. Anbazhagan, P., and Sitharam, T. G., (2008), Mapping of Average Shear Wave Velocity for Bangalore Region: A Case Study, Journal of Environmental & Engineering Geophysics Vol. 13, (2), pp. 69 84.
6. Sitharam, T. G. and Anbazhagan, P., (2008), Evaluation of Low strain Dynamic properties using Geophysical method: A case study, Consulting Ahead - VOL. 2 - ISSUE 2, 34 50.
7. Anbazhagan P., Vinod, J. S. and Sitharam, T. G. (2009), Probabilistic seismic hazard Analysis for Bangalore, Journal of Natural Hazards 48, pp145 166.
8. Anbazhagan, P. and Sitharam, T. G., (2008), Seismic Microzonation of Bangalore, Journal of Earth System Science, 117, S2,pp 833-852.
9. Sitharam, T.G. and Anbazhagan, P., (2008), Seismic Microzonation: Principles, Practices and Experiments, EJGE Special Volume Bouquet 08, online, http://www.ejge.com/Bouquet08/Preface.htm, P-61.
10. Anbazhagan P. and Sitharam, T. G., (2008) Site Characterization and Site Response Studies Using Shear Wave Velocity, Journal of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering , Vol. 10, ( 2), 53-67.
11. Anbazhagan, P. and Sitharam, T. G., (2009), Estimation of Ground Response Parameters and Comparison with Field Measurements, Indian Geotechnical Journal, 39(3): 245-270.
12. Vipin, K.S., Anbazhagan, P. and Sitharam, T. G. (2009), Estimation of peak ground acceleration and spectral acceleration for South India with local site effects: probabilistic approach, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 9: 865 878.
13. Anbazhagan P (2009) Liquefaction Hazard Mapping of Bangalore, South India, Disaster Advances, 2(2): 26-35.
14. Anbazhagan P., Sitharam, T.G., and Vipin, K.S. (2009). Site classification and estimation of surface level seismic hazard using geophysical data and probabilistic approach, Journal of Applied Geophysics, 68 (2), 219-230.
15. Anbazhagan P., and Sitharam, T. G. (2009), Spatial Variability of the Weathered and Engineering Bed rock using Multichannel Analysis of Surface Wave Survey, Pure and Applied Geophysics, 166(3): 409-428.
16. Vipin, K. S., Sitharam, T. G., and Anbazhagan, P (2010), Probabilistic evaluation of seismic soil liquefaction potential based on SPT data, Nat Hazards, 53: 547-560.
17. Anbazhagan, P. Thingbaijam, K.K.S., Nath, S.K., Narendara Kumar, J.N. and Sitharam, T.G (2010), Multi-criteria seismic hazard evaluation for Bangalore city, India, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 38: 186 198
18. Anbazhagan P., Vinod, J. S. and Sitharam, T. G. (2010), Evaluation of Seismic Hazard Parameters for Bangalore Region in South India, Disaster Advances, Vol.3 (3), pp. 5-13.
19. Anbazhagan, P. and Sitharam, T. G. (2010), Relationship between Low Strain Shear Modulus and Standard Penetration Test N Values, ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, 33 (2); 150-164.
20. Anbazhagan P., Sharan Basavaraj, and Premalatha K.V. (2011) Liquefaction Hazard Mapping of Chennai Using SPT Data, International Journal of Earth Sciences & Engineering (ISSN 0974-5904)- Vol. 04, No. 02, pp. 223-232
21. Hing-Ho Tsang, Saman Yaghmaei-Sabegh, P. Anbazhagan, M. Neaz Sheikh (2011), A checking method for probabilistic seismic hazard Assessment: Case Studies on Three Cities, Natural Hazard, 58; 67-84.
22. Anbazhagan P., Prabhu G., and Aditya P. (2011), Seismic Hazard Map of Coimbatore using Subsurface Fault Rupture, Natural Hazard (Accepted).
1. Anbazhagan, P and Sitharam, T. G., (2008), SPT -N versus shear wave velocity correlation, IGS News, Technical News, A Bulletin of the Indian Geotechnical Society, Vol.40, N0.2, page 7.
2. Sitharam T.G, Anbazhagan P and Narendra Kumar J.N (2007) Seismic Hazard and Microzonation Studies using Geographic Information System - A Case Study of Bangalore, Article, KGUG News letter, Sept-2007, P-6
3. Anbazhagan P. (2009). Seismic Microzonation of Bangalore, Educational Resources, Site Response Analysis, GEOTECHNICAL EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING PORTAL, http://earthquake.geoengineer.org/response.html.
1. P. Anbazhagan and T. G. Sitharam, (2008), Application of Multichannel Analysis of Surface Wave survey in Geotechnical Engineering problems, Proceedings of 6th Asian Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference, pp 291-300.
2. Narendara Kumar, J.N., Anbazhagan, P. and Sitharam, T.G. (2008) GIS Integration for Microzonation Hazard Mapping -A Case Study of Bangalore City, India, Map Asia 2008, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, P-136, 1-10.
3. Anbazhagan, P. And Sitharam T. G. (2008) Seismic Microzonation of Bangalore Preliminary Maps, Invited lecture in Indo-Japan Theme Meeting and Workshop (IJTM-2008) on Disaster Risk Reduction, CPRI, Bangalore, V. p-12.
4. T.G.Sitharam and P.Anbazhagan (2008), Site Characterization Using Geotechnical and Geophysical Techniques for Seismic Microzonation of Urban Areas, Key note Lectures, International Conference Development of Urban Areas and Geotechnical Engineering on June 16-19, 2008 in Saint Petersburg, Vol 1, 131-147.
5. P.Anbazhagan and T.G.Sitharam (2008), Site Characterization of Bangalore using Geophysical Method, 3rd International Conference on Site Characterization, Taipei, Taiwan, 4-7April 2008. pp 793-798.
6. P.Anbazhagan, T.G.Sitharam and C.Divya, (2007) Site Response Analyses based on Site Specific Soil Properties using Geotechnical and Geophysical tests: Correlations between Vs30, Gmax and N60, 4th International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, Thessaloniki, GREECE. P ID-1286.
7. P. Anbazhagan, T.G. Sitharam, G.L. Sivakumar Babu and Moore Ramulu (2007), Evaluation of Response of Motion Simulator Foundations and Vibration Sensitivity Analysis for a Passive Source Sixth International Conference on Earthquake Resistant Engineering Structures, (ERES 2007), 11 - 13 June, 2007, Bologna, Italy p-6.
8. Anbazhagan, P., and Sitharam T.G., (2007), Microzonation Studies in India: Experiments and Experiences, Special Invited Speech, Proceeding the 4th International Conference on Disaster prevention and Rehabilitation, Semarang-Central Java-Indonesia, 10-11 September 2007, Page 35-51.
9. T.G.Sitharam and P.Anbazhagan (2007), Seismic hazard analysis with site effects for Bangalore, Invited Key note Paper, 13th Asian Regional Conference on. Soil Mechanics & Geotechnical. Engineering (13th ARC-2007). Kolkata. December 10-14, 2007, India, P-17.
10. Sitharam T.G and Anbazhagan P, (2007), Seismic Site Characterization Using Geotechnical and Geophysical Techniques, Invited lecture, International Workshop on Earthquake Hazards and Mitigations (EHAM-2007), 7-8 December, 2007 Guwahati, India PP 85-87.
11. Anbazhagan P. (2007), Seismic Hazard and Microzonation Methodology for Flat Terrain, International Workshop on Earthquake Hazards, and Mitigations (EHAM-2007), 7-8 December, 2007 Guwahati, India PP 228-234.
12. P.Anbazhagan and T.G.Sitharam (2006), Evaluations of Dynamic Properties and Ground Profiling Using MASW: Correlation between Vs and N60, 13th Symposium on Earthquake Engineering, Roorkee, India, PP 390-400.
13. B.Sudhish Kumar, T.G.Sitharam and P.Anbazhagan (2006), Development of Theoretical Dispersion curves and Comparison with Multichannel Analysis of Surface Waves (MASW), 13th Symposium on Earthquake Engineering, Roorkee, India, PP 359-368.
14. T.G.Sitharam, P.Anbazhagan and K. Ganesha Raj (2006), Deterministic Seismic Hazard Analysis and Estimation of PHA for Bangalore City, International Conference on Earthquake Engineering -8&9 Sep-2006, Pakistan, (1-8).
15. P.Anbazhagan, T.G.Sitharam and C. Divya (2006), Site Response Analyses Based on Site Specific Soil Properties Using Geotechnical and Geophysical Tests, First European Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Seismology -Geneva –extended abstract.
16. T.G. Sitharam and P.Anbazhagan. (2006), Seismic Vulnerability of Bangalore City, Invited Paper, Indo-Norwegian Workshop at New Delhi 18&19, March 2006, SHRA-12, PP 1-9.
National Conferences and workshops
1. Rajiv Kumar Giri and Anbazhagan, P. (2008), Comparison of Site Amplification Based On Impedance And Wave Velocity Models, Proceedings of Indian geotechnical Conference (IGC 2008), Volume 2, 17-19 December 2008, Bangalore, pp 547-550.
2. K.S Vipin, P. Anbazhagan and T.G.Sitharam. (2008), Identification of Liquefaction Susceptible Areas in Bangalore using Probabilitistic approach Based on SPT data, Proceedings of Indian geotechnical Conference (IGC 2008), Volume 2, 17-19 December 2008, Bangalore, pp 444-447.
3. Anbazhagan P., Narendara Kumar J.N, and Sitharam T.G (2008), Seismic Hazard and Microzonation Studies using Geographic Information System - A Case Study of Bangalore city, CD proceedings, Ninth ESRI India User Conference, 22-23 January 2008, 6P.
4. T.G.Sitharam, K. Ganesha Raj, K. S. Vipin and P.Anbazhagan (2008), Use of Remote Sensing Data and Past Earthquake Events for Deterministic Seismic Hazard Analysis of Bangalore Proceedings of the 24th Annual In-house Symposium on Space Science and Technology, 30-31 January2008, IISc, Bangalore, PP 119-124
5. T.G. Sitharam and P.Anbazhagan, (2007), Microzonation of Earthquake Hazard:Indian Experiences, Invited Key note Lecture, Emerging Trends in Civil Engineering (ETCE-2007), Maralur, Tumkur, India.
6. T.G. Sitharam and P.Anbazhagan, (2007), Seismic Microzonation of Bangalore, Proceedings of Workshop on Microzonation, IISc, Bangalore, PP 44-75.
7. Anbazhagan, P., Vinod, J. S. and Sitharam, T. G. (2007), Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Analysis with Local Site Effects, Proceedings of Workshop on Microzonation, IISc, Bangalore, PP 122-139.
8. T.G.Sitharam, K. Ganesha Raj, P.Anbazhagan and U.G.Mahesh (2007), Use of Remote Sensing Data and Past Earthquake Events for Deterministic Seismic Hazard Analysis of Bangalore Conference on Advances in Space Science and Technology (CASST2007), 29-31 January2007, IISc, Bangalore, PP 290-297.
9. T.G. Sitharam, P.Anbazhagan and L. Govinda Raju (2006) Seismic Response of Soils and a Case Study of Site Specific Ground Response Analysis Invited Paper, Indian Geotechnical Conference 2006, Chennai, PP 209-216.
10. P.Anbazhagan, T.G.Sitharam and C. Divya, (2006), Site Amplification and Liquefaction Studies for Bangalore, Indian Geotechnical Conference 2006, Chennai, PP 823-826.
11. T.G.Sitharam, P.Anbazhagan and Kusala Rajendran, (2006), Assessing the Seismic Hazard of the Stable Shield regions: An example of Bangalore, extended abstract, First India Disaster Management Congress -Thematic Group on Earthquakes, Delhi.
12. T.G.Sitharam and P.Anbazhagan (2006) Measurements of Dynamic Properties and Soil Profiling Using Multichannel Analysis of Surface Waves, Invited Keynote in 4th Karl Terzaghi Memorial Workshops, October07, 2006 at Madgaon, Goa, P-6.
13. T.G.Sitharam and P.Anbazhagan (2006), Seismicity of Peninsular India and A Case Study of Microzonation and Site Response for Bangalore Invited Technical Lecture on Students Project Programme (SPP), Karnataka State council of Science and Technology, Gulbarga.
14. T.G. Sitharam and P.Anbazhagan (2006), Seismic Hazard Analysis and Preliminary Microzonation of Bangalore City, Key Note Lecture, workshop on Disaster Management and Mitigations, BMS Bangalore, 3Feb-2006, PP 1-8.
15. P.Anbazhagan and T.G. Sitharam (2006), Seismic Microzonation of Urban Centres and Codal Provisions Lecture Design and Construction of Earthquake Resistant Structures, ON 15th & 16th September 2006, INSTRUCT, Bangalore, PP F1-6.
16. T.G.Sitharam, P.Anbazhagan, G.U.Mahesh, K.Bharathi and P.Nischala Reddy (2005), Seismic Hazard Studies Using Geotechnical Borehole Data and GIS, Symposium on Seismic Hazard Analysis and Microzonation, September 23-24, 2005, Roorkee. PP 341-358.
Webpage is maintained by
Department of Civil Engg
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore, India 560012
Suggestions and queries may be directed to Dr P Anbazhagan
Copyright All Rights Reserved.
This page was last updated on August 25, 2011